A Physician Group Serving Alameda Health System
Careers – Department of Medicine – Neurologist Position
Highland Hospital is a major acute hospital in the Alameda Health System (AHS), serving the greater Oakland area and the remainder of Alameda County. The facility has 235 licensed beds and a faculty of 65 specialists and generalists in Medicine, supervising 62 residents in categorical, preliminary, and primary care tracks.
OakCare Medical Group, the primary contractor of professional services for Alameda Health System, is seeking a 1.0 FTE Neurologist to provide clinical services, teaching, curricular development and faculty role-modeling.
- Valid California medical license and DEA license
- Board certified/Board Eligible in Neurology
- Preferred: Previous experience working in a county hospital or safety-net environment
Teaching experience with residents and medical students.
- Desirable: Demonstrated high motivation, self-starter, resourcefulness
- Provides direct care and supervises trainees in the provision of neurological evaluation and treatment
- Diagnoses and treats neurological disorders and as well as neurological manifestations of systemic conditions in a cultural diverse patient population in both the inpatient and outpatient setting
- Sets and monitors professional expectations of performance and clinical quality for patient care and teaching excellence
- Participates in all Division and Department functions as assigned, including quality assurance, quality improvement, and utilization review activities
- Participates in all Division and Department functions as assigned, including monitoring provider incentive plan performance and participating in clinical pathways/protocols and utilization review
- Serves as practice liaison with hospital administration and key stakeholders
- Provides teaching: Residents and medical students in both inpatient and outpatient settings as well as curriculum development for both learner groups
- Fosters and leads academic efforts in extramural presentations, publications, and original commentary and research
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to Rachel Baden, MD | Chair, Department of Medicine at email@example.com
OakCare Medical Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
OakCare Medical Group provides the highest quality care to the Alameda Health System and the people of Alameda County in fulfillment of it's dual mission of delivering comprehensive health services and training new physicians.
Copyright © 2012- OakCare Medical Group