A Physician Group Serving Alameda Health System
Careers – Accounting Assistant
The Accounting Assistant will assist the Accounting Department with various accounting/payroll duties.
This is a full - time position with benefits. 40 hours/week.
- Process Expense Reports
- Assist with invoices: match work shifts with schedules, follow-up with employees
- Organize incoming invoices and statements for A/P.
- Assist with AR collections
- Assist with payroll: verify timesheets and leave schedules
- Reconcile company credit cards
- Physically print out all checks from QuickBooks and get signature in timely manner.
- Assist with verifying receipts against submissions for Business Reimbursements/CME and monitor individual business and CME limits per physicians.
- Generate any reports from QuickBooks as requested.
- Generate and send out all 1099’s at end of the year.
- Assist external accountants with numerous reports and questions.
- Copy all A/P checks and file alphabetically.
- Submit and confirm all wire transfers for Charles Schwab, based on spreadsheet generated from the Staff Accountant
- Monitor monthly parking expenses for employees.
- Other general office duties as assigned
- QuickBooks experience required
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Excel a must
- ADP experience a plus
- High Attention to Detail
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Insures work is done accurately, timely, and in accordance with standard accounting procedures.
- Proactively develops solutions for improving accounting processes.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment as well as individually.
- AA or Bachelors in accounting preferred.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- A/P and A/R skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
OakCare Medical Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package with a variety of health insurance plan options and excellent employee retirement benefits. To apply for a career opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit www.oakcaremedical.com for more information.
OakCare Medical Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
OakCare Medical Group provides the highest quality care to the Alameda Health System and the people of Alameda County in fulfillment of it's dual mission of delivering comprehensive health services and training new physicians.
Copyright © 2012- OakCare Medical Group